Sunday 7 April 2013

Dream Chaser: 2 Steps To Obtaining Ridiculous Goals

The phrase it is never too late is often over used and abused. The truth is at some point in time it will be too late for certain things. The first quarter of the year is over and you still have time to reach certain goals that you have set out to accomplish this year. Each day you should be getting closer before it is too late to reach those dreams this year. This is the time of year where I sit down with team members, people I coach, and even my children to discuss how much closer to reaching their dreams they have come. I have learned that it is much easier to break down your goals into bite size chunks that can be measure on a monthly and quarterly basis.


Last month I set a few lofty goals for my business. I must admit that we not only hit those goals but I exceeded my on expectation. This month I am in a position to where I must raise the bar and challenge myself yet again. The feeling of being successful in reaching these ridiculous goals made me feel stronger than I ever have. I should be clear here and share that I always set two goals. First, I set an obtainable safe goal that I project out to family, friends, team members, and anyone else who would like to listen. Next, I set a goal that is ridiculous but obtainable if I set out to change my habits and do things that would stretch me beyond my imagination. Last month I exceeded both goals. Did you hear what I just said? I changed something that forced me to move beyond what was comfortable for me. I am so happy that I did not settle for the status quo or for what I am comfortable with. I am now forced to decide if I want to be normal again or if I want to continue to operate at this new level I have discovered. I am greedy. I want MORE and you should too.

I am not writing this article to build me up or make me sound great. I was sitting at my desk trying to decide what my next move would be toward reaching my new goals when I realize I needed to share my story with others. It is through my success that I believe I can help other reach their goals and potential. I once heard in the Book Of Life that we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Basically our trials and errors along with the success stories of other will help us become more successful every day. I know that you wrote your goals down for the year but you must break them up into bit size pieces. If you want to lose 24 pounds this year that is a daunting task, however if you write down to lose 2 pounds a month it sounds much easier. There may be one simple change that you could make that will cause you to reach your goals. The problem with big goals is the process of reaching them often outweighs the reward.

Start taking steps today to reach goals that you never thought were possible. Write down a goal that you know you can obtain and then break it down into bite size blocks. Write a plan that will allow you to make simple changes and adjustments that will allow you to reach these goals. I know that this appear over simplified but chances are that you are not doing this or reaching the goals that you have set. You have nothing to lose by trying this. The information is free and just might change a few things in your life that you wish were better. Dream big and start today be it really is too late.

Michael "The Prince of Opportunity" Carter is the president and founder of Vision Partners LLC. Michael is an author, coach and professional speaker with an expertise in personal development, ministries, sales, business, real estate, organizational management and customer service. His platform is becoming recognizable by many around the world. His keynote addresses have been called motivating, captivating, and life changing. Please visit him at http://www.thinklikeit.com or call him at 313-870-7061 for more information on products and services.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michael_E_Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment